Usually towards the top of any traveler’s wish list is Canada. It is also regarded as one of the top tourist destinations by Pakistanis. You must first obtain a Canada Visitor Visa if you intend to travel to the lovely country. Dream International can assist you with the visa application procedure because it might be a little stressful and intimidating for people with green passports. We can give you advice and speed up the visa application procedure.
Types of Canadian Visas
These are the various categories and types of visas that the Canadian government offers e.g. visas for visitors, Work visas, student visas, visas for business immigrants, visas for the Express Entry Program, and Visas for permanent residence. Determine which of these visas best suits your purpose for visiting Canada if you intend to apply for one from Pakistan. You must apply for a Canada Visit Visa if your trip is solely for social or recreational purposes or to see relatives or friends.
People who desire to travel to Canada for a brief length of time are granted these visas (six months or less). Typically, a Canada visitor visa is issued for travel, family reunions, business meetings, etc. While in Canada with this visa, you cannot enroll in a course of study or look for employment. In a similar vein, you are prohibited from applying for any government documents, such as citizenship or health insurance, while you are a visitor to Canada.
Requirements for Applying for Canadian Visa
The eligibility criteria are mentioned below, make sure that you fall on each and every requirement.
- At least 18 years old must be the primary applicant.
- The applicant must have a passport issued by the government with at least one blank page for a visa (excluding the last page)
- The passport has to be valid for six months.
- Convert identifying, educational, and family documents into French or English
- No convictions for crimes linked to immigration, human rights, or the law
- The applicant should have sufficient money to cover the cost of the stay in Canada as well as the administrative charges for applying for the visa.
- The applicant should have sufficient ties to Pakistan (family, employment, education, etc.) so that there can be some guarantee that the applicant will be back after the visit.
Required documents for Application
The following are the required documents for the application to Canada.
- The applicant must have a valid passport.
- The applicant should have legal National documents like an ID Card, Family Registration Form, etc.
- Canada Visa Application form.
- A bank statement or other type of financial document serving as proof of finances.
- Booking Details that include hotel and airfare arrangements.
- If you are visiting relatives or friends in Canada, a letter of invitation.
- If you are visiting your direct family members—siblings, parents, and children—you must provide evidence of the link.
- The status of your visiting relatives and friends’ immigration
- If your relatives or friends are paying for your trip, provide bank statements.
- Educational Documents (degrees and diplomas).
- A letter from your employer outlining the contractual duties that might force you to return to your country of origin.
- A property deed, lease, or rental agreement demonstrating your intention to leave Canada after your visa expires.
Methods of Applying for a Visa
There are two methods to apply for a Visa in Canada. You can apply:
Applying for a Canadian visa online is advised because it saves time and money. You won’t have to wait for mail delivery and you won’t have to pay for a courier. As opposed to manual submissions, your application will be received and handled more rapidly.
Additionally, the system will alert you if any required documents or information are missing when you submit your application online. Similar to that, you may rapidly submit extra papers online if necessary and use your online account to check the status of your application. On the other hand, those who apply in person must rely on ordinary mail, which can take time, to receive and transmit documents.
Steps to Apply Online
- Go to the official website of the Government of Canada, select “Immigration and Citizenship,” and then select “Visit”.
- Click “Find out if you need a visa.” You will be taken to a poll where you can respond to determine whether you require an ETA or a guest visa for Canada.
- Click the “Apply for a Visitor Visa” option if you are determined to be qualified for a visa. You will be forwarded to a webpage with all the necessary details regarding the application procedure.
- After reading the entire document, select your preferred mode of application submission by clicking “Apply” in the top navigation bar. You will be required to download an application package if you select “on paper.” Additionally, the entire Canada visitor visa checklist will be included. However, if you select “online,” you will be taken to a different page. To continue, click “Apply for a Visitor Visa.”
- You must click the “Register” option if this is your first time applying for a visiting visa to Canada.
- Now, you can sign up for a secure IRCC account using a GC Key or a Sign-In Partner. To register with a GC Key for the latter, which requires your Canadian online banking details, click here. The necessary button must be connected to advance to the following page.
- You can begin working on your online Canadian visa application after you log in.
- Your application must be sent along with the application fee and scanned copies of all needed documentation. You’ll need a working credit or debit card for this.
- An application takes roughly 5 days to show up on your IRCC account.
- You will be asked to go to the Canadian Consulate for an interview and/or to provide biometric data if your application is approved. Please be aware that biometrics have a separate cost.
- After receiving approval for your Canadian visa application, you must present your passport to the consulate for stamping. The consulate will let you know where to send your passport for additional processing if you apply online. Additionally, there will be a processing charge.
- You will either receive your stamped passport in person or via mail. Once you get it, double-check everything to make sure there aren’t any mistakes.
After completing the whole procedure you will get your visa in 10 to 35 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, our experts are always there for you. You can contact or visit us anytime.
It takes 10-35 days for the process of visa application.
No, you can not study on a visitor’s visa. For study purposes, you need a study visa.