The UK Study Visa from Pakistan
The UK has become the most popular destination for international students. But getting a UK study visa might be entirely challenging.
To make it easier for Pakistani Students who want to continue their studies in the UK, new opportunities will come into effect in 2022. It comprises the fastest application process and new routes available for Pakistani Students wanting to study in the UK.
Top 7 UK Study Visa Requirements in 2022
- Offer from an Educational Institution
- Proficiency in the English Language
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Needed
- Tuberculosis Test Results
- Proof of Funds
- Immigration Healthcare Surcharge
To study in the UK, you must be above 16 years. You’re also required to get an offer letter from a reputed institution. Getting a sponsor to fund your expenses is also essential. The UK is one of the top countries that captivate students from all over the world.
General Route for UK Visa Requirements
There are the primary visa requirements for the UK student visa application in 2022:
- A valid passport
- A passport-sized photograph
- CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)
English Language Proficiency for Visa
- UG Course: have to be proficient in CEFR level B2 (IELTS Band 5.5)
- PG Course: at least CEFR level B1 (IELTS Band 4)
- Below Degree Level: SELT (Secure English Language Tests) Certificates
- First Year Tuition Fees
- Complete Tuition Fee for Courses Less Than one year
- Fee for next academic year
- Have at least £1023 up to 9 months
Evidence of Qualifications
- Your Name
- Name of the Institution
- Course Title
- Date Awarded
All the documents should be officially translated into English.
- Original Documents
- Confirmation of Accuracy
- Date of Translation
- Full Name
- Signature of the Translator
- The Translation’s Company Details
Offer From an Educational Institution
As proof, the Educational Institution will give you the CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)
There are different courses that you can select:
- A part-time course for which you will qualify above degree level (RQF level 7)
- A full-time course for which you will qualify for a degree level (RQF level 6.7 or 8)
- A full-time course for which you will qualify below the degree level (RQF level 3.4 or 5)
- English Language Course at level B2 or more in the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
What is a CEFR?
It is also known as the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching and Assessment. The purpose of CEFR is to offer a structural method of learning, teaching and assessing which applies to European Language.
Proficiency in the English Language
You must have proof of English Proficiency. The level is measured on the CEFR scale. You must pass SELT (Secure English Language Test) as proof.
- Level of Study: For Below Degree Level, the CEFR Level is B1
- For Above Degree Level, the CEFR Level is B2.
The eligibility criteria for the UK Student Visa:
- The applicant must be over 16 years
- The applicant must have enough funds to pay the tuition fees
- The applicant must be at a certain level in English Language Test
- The candidate must have an offer letter from an Educational Institution
- A Valid Passport
- Visa Application Form
- A Passport-sized photograph
- Receipt of Application fee
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies
- Medical Test Results
- Receipt of Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS)
If you’re under 18 years, some additional requirements are needed:
- Evidence of consent from parents
- A proof of relationship with parents
- Copy of birth certificate
Tuberculosis Test Results
This test is required if you want to stay in the UK for more than six months. For this test, you’ve to take the chest x-ray test. If the results are unsure, you’ve to give a sputum sample. If the results are negative or clear, you’ll get a certificate. This certificate is valid for six months.
Proof of Funds
The funds required are £1265.00 for the living expenses.
In the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies, the funds required are:
- £1,015/month if your course is outside London
- £2,530/month if your course is in London (if you’re on the Directorate Extension Scheme)
- £2,030/month for the course outside London (if you’re on the Directorate Extension Scheme)
Proof of funds is not necessary. If,
- You had a previous visa for the UK
- The visa must have been for a minimum of 12 months
- Your country must be listed under the differential evidence requirement
Immigration Healthcare Surcharge
You must have a paid receipt for Immigration Healthcare Surcharge. It is for those who intend to live in the UK for more than six months. It depends on the amount of time you live in the UK.
You must pay half the annual amount if you want to live less than three months. If you live more than six months, you must pay full of the yearly amount. You may use the National Health Service after paying the IHS.
New Immigration Rules for the UK Visa
The UK Government has made changes to make things easier for international students. From 1st January 2022, free movement has been replaced with the UK’s new points-based immigration system. Give priority to highly skilled professionals, such as scientific and technology-based qualifications.
There are changes in the PSW (post-study work) visa. The changes are:
- Allow students to work and live in the UK for three years after completing their PhD.
- They may stay and work for two years after the completion of the Master’s degree
- The UK Government may extend the visit limit for the Master Degree Holder from two to four years.
Why Choose Dream International?
- We can help you to get admissions to a large number of British Universities
- We’ve 100% visa success %age of the UK study visa from Pakistan
- The students have to pay a lower deposit to the University
- Our students don’t have to pay any application fee to the University